Cape Buchu Essential Oil - Insect Repellent and Alleviation of Arthritis
Pure Indigenous's Cape Buchu Essential Oil (10 ml) is a 100% natural oil that has been traditionally used in a brandy tincture called ‘Boegoe-brandewyn’ for stomach ailments like kidney and urinary tract discomfort, symptomatic relief from gout and rheumatism and as an external application to wounds and bruises.
- Alleviates arthritis, rheumatism and joint stiffness/pain
- Acts as an antiseptic to heal wounds, and relieve infections of the urinary tract, kidney, colon and prostate
- A natural diuretic which in turn purifies the body of toxins and helps rheumatism and arthritis
- Being poisonous in nature, Buchu Essential Oil helps to kill insects and acts as an insect repellent to insects such as flies, lice, mosquitoes, bed-bugs and fleas
- Provides skin protection from UV rays
- Cape Buchu Essential Oil (Agathosma Betulina), also known as mountain buchu, bookoo, buku and bucco, is extracted from the dried leaves by steam distillation. The therapeutic properties of buchu oil are antiseptic, carminative, diuretic, insecticide and tonic. The healing benefits of Buchu has been known and used by the indigenous people of South Africa for many years.
Directions for use
Affected joints must be massaged with Cape Buchu Essential Oil mixed in a carrier oil for a minimum of 4 weeks to get free of pain, burning and stiffness.
Ward off insects by applying Cape Buchu Essential Oil to bedding, clothes and furniture.
Caution: Essential Oils should not be taken internally. Add to a carrier oil as a massage oil, rub onto temples, use as a burner oil. Essential oils are not recommended during pregnancy, breastfeeding or on babies/children. Use in low doses and avoid prolonged periods of use.