Alfalfa Seeds for Sprouting - The Father of All Foods
Kitchen Garden's Alfalfa Seeds (100g) were named by the Arabs who recognised them as "the father of all foods" as they're packed with vitamins and minerals and are a great addition to a healthy diet.
- Non-GMO and organic
- Quick and easy to sprout at home
- Alfalfa sprouts are favoured over the grown plant as the mature leaves are quite bitter
- People with a compromised immune system (pregnant women and the elderly) should not eat raw Alfalfa sprouts as they're prone to carrying food-borne illnesses
- Rich in vitamin K and vitamin C
- Powerful antioxidant and anti-ageing properties
Raw organic Alfalfa seeds
Directions for use
- Remember that a little goes a long way! Only use enough seeds to lightly cover the bottom of your upright jar (make sure the jar is clean)
- Cover the seeds with about 3 - 4 cm of clean water and secure the mesh top with the rubber band and place jar on your sprouting stand
- Soak for about 8 hours (or overnight), then drain and rinse in fresh water.
- Remember that sprouts are plants and need natural light to grow. However, direct sunlight is not suitable for sprouting seeds.
- Rinse seeds 2-3 times a day in cool water until the water is clear.
- Once the “tails” and/or greenery appear, the spouts are ready to be thoroughly drained and harvested!
- Sprouts may be stored in the fridge in an airtight container and usually stay fresh for around a week (may need rinsing in between)
- Enjoy sprouts within 3-7 days in salads, savoury dishes, stir-fries or soups